Sunday, July 6, 2008

Track Town USA



Alright so I haven't posted much over the past few days...but I have been busy so I will use that as a good excuse. We have been here in Eugene since Thursday morning and we have seen some amazing races. Sitting in the stands at Hayward Field watching the best in the country and some of the best in the world compete for a spot at the Olympic Games is pretty much a dream come true. I can only think of a few things I have wanted to do more in my life, one being go to the actual Olympics, and it is a great time.


Lots of things to talk about and no time to do it. I have posted a picture that sort of sums up out times here in Eugene. We are about 2mi from Hayward Field and we walk every day. This is not an easy walk with the hills that surround the area between us and the track. On top of it all we have walked all over town and we are on our feet fairly late each night having a good time on Villard Street with pretty much everyone in Eugene. If you know what it is like at Rosie O'Grady's in New York during the week of a meet or the NYC Marathon that is what is like at Villard Street Pub this week.


Good times all around and today should be some of the most exciting events yet. Just looking at the lists for the 1500 and 200 I can see virtually anyone making this team, although you have to assume Lagat is a lock.


I doesn't look like I will continue with my daily recap but I will have a recap of the entire Trials next week.


Well we are off to the festival and then it's day 8 of the Trials...this will be amazing.

No comments: