Friday, July 25, 2008

A Long Time Coming

Ok so finally things have settled down, orders are in (sort of) and I can take a deep breath...not to mention drink a few beers! It is nice to have a deadline pass and it amazing me that I we are all done book January 2009! Truthfully I never thought I would be living in CA this long but it is fun and definitely worth every moment. So without further ado...what I have been up to in classic Sean-esque bullet point format!

  • Olympic Trials
So we went to the Olympic Trials which can be sort of seen by my feeble attempt at reporting on it when I was there. It was an absolutely amazing experience and I am so glad we went. We saw some incredible races, spent July 4th at Hayward Field, walked about 6 miles a day, had amazing runs and hung out with some great people. I am not really going to go in to everything but I have to thank Villard St. Pub for some great nights. Dianna and I will definitely remember this trip for a long time.

  • Work
So work has been really busy. As I mentioned we just passed our first big deadline for 2009. This means we had a new line of shoes and apparel to show and I had to get out to all my accounts which means driving in total around 2000 miles and flying even more. After a long stretch of hotel rooms, living out of the Matrix and a suitcase I am glad to be done. Not that the travel ever ends, but the bulk of the summer travel is over and that is a nice feeling. Overall the new line has been really well received and I am pumped for Reebok Running. We are really going to make a leap in 2009, mark my word!

  • Running
So running has been fairly consistent, but not as exceptional as I had hoped. I have averaged 6 days a week since the trials which is pretty good. I've had a week with only 5 days and stretches of up to 14 days in a row of running in there as well. The main thing is that over the past 5 weeks every day I have run I have run over an hour, with the exception of 2 days, one of which I did 5mi and the other I did two shorter runs. That is definitely positive because I have also had a few "long" runs of 12-14 mixed in as well. So when I am getting 7 days in a row I am getting close to 70mi a week, so I am happy. I have had one up tempo day a week as well so I would say training for Dirt Dog XC is going good, not great, but good. It should be fun. More on Dirt Dog and our team in a coming blog.

  • New Apartment
On top of all of this we moved! I guess I already mentioned this but it is worth mentioning again because it is just another reason my blog has been so dormant. We are now in a 2 bed/2 bath place in "North Pacific Beach" which is a big upgrade from our old 1 bed/1 bath in South PB. We have a little view of the bay which is great for the nightly Sea World fireworks and we have a "private" balcony which has my sweet new grill on it! The second bedroom is my office which really helps keep me on task and keeps the other parts of the apartment clean of Reebok crap. Overall a great move and nice to have a big place.

So that is pretty much all I have for now. Things are going well overall. Looking forward to racing in a month or so and getting back to XC. I will start posting a weekly training log again starting this Sunday which I plan to keep updated (but you know me...).

1 comment:

Matt said...

All I'm saying, is you better have some damn awesome Olympics coverage!!!