Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Training Summary: September 29 - October 5

Monday 9/29 - 9mi, 63:40, easy solo through La Jolla.

Tuesday 9/30 - 9mi, 61:20, with Garrett on the bay.

Wednesday 10/1 - AM 4+mi, with the Mizuno guys in San Luis Obispo
PM 7mi, easy on the bay with the Wednesday Movin Shoes group

Thursday 10/2 - 10+mi, 68:50, easy solo on the bay.

Friday 10/3 - 10+mi, 69:45, easy solo on the bay with 6X100 strides.

Saturday 10/4 - 3mi warmup, Balboa Boogie 5k race, 4mi cooldown.  See race recap.

Sunday 10/5 - 16mi, 1:54:15, easy on the bay with Mills and then 6mi through La Jolla to finish.  With about 3mi to go I got one of the worst side stitches ever and it made the run very rough to finish.

Summary: 75mi, 7 days.  Much better week than last.  Unfortunately no "workouts" but I got in a great race on Saturday.  I was pretty happy with this week and I think I can bump up next week back to 80mi again.  I think the decision is to race twice more for Cross Country (Cougar Challenge 8k and the San Diego USATF Championship).  After that I am going to bump the mileage up again through the New Year and give a run at a Half Marathon in January, most likely the Carlsbad Half-Marathon.  Until then, time to keep the mileage up and keep getting stronger.

No comments: