Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Updates Galore

I just put up the race report from the Dirt Dog Final, so be sure to check that out. Here is a quick look at my last two weeks:

Nov 3-9:
Monday- Friday: 8mi easy each day, 6X100 strides on Friday.
Saturday: SD USATF Championship, 14th overall (9th SD), 21:44, 10mi total.
Sunday: Travel to Dallas for The Running Event, no running
Total: 6 days, 50mi
Summary: Good week but really just kept the days easy so that I could be ready for the race on Saturday. The race was good, not great. Missed Sunday when I was traveling all day, but it was a decent week overall.

Nov 10-16 (In Dallas Mon-Thur):
Monday: ~9mi with the Reebok crew but ran the second half at a nice clip with Keith
Tuesday: ~8mi with the entire conference over to Luke's Locker and back
Wednesday: ~8mi, over to the "Indie 5k" ran the "race" (16:28) and ran back. Felt really crappy, probably a mix of lack of sleep, residual jet lag, slight hangover and wussing out all mixed together. I did run the last mile in around 5min which was good, but overall, in the words of Mr. Keith Kelly, an embarassing effort and result.
Thursday: No run. Slept about 3.5hrs, went to work and then to the airport, that was my entire day.
Friday: 7mi easy on the bay.
Saturday: 9 miles easy on the hilly La Jolla loop.
Sunday: 10mi on the bay. Did a little progression run, with the last 3mi all at or under 6min.
Total: ~51mi, 6 days.
Summary: Not a bad week considering I had planned on making it an off week. It was great getting out to run with the other Reebok guys for once, considering I hadn't seen any of them since April.

Here is the plan for the next few months:
I am going to build up the mileage over the next month so that I am back up around 80-90 a week. I am tentatively planning on getting up around 100mi for a week around the beginning of January if possible, but if it doesn't happen I'm not worried. I am going to shoot to run the Carlsbad Half-Marathon in late January. The goal there will be: 1) Run a PR, which shouldn't be hard because I have never actually trained for one specifically; 2) Specifically run somewhere between 70-71min; 3) Stay healthy while training and set myself up for a potential marathon in the fall.

Well that's all I got for now. Hopefully I can write about something besides my running over the next few weeks, but for now I'll stick to running because that's all I have time for.

No comments: