Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Training Summary: Dec 1 - 7

Note: I forgot my Garmin on my trip and therefore have just guesses as far as distance for most of the runs early in the week, not a big deal because anything prior to about 3 years ago were all guesses so it was nice to go "old school" for once, haha.

Mon 1/1 - 7+mi, 54:30, easy with Millsy in Beverly Hills (how fancy!)

Tue 12/2 - off, long travel day, 2 appointments, poor excuses...

Wed 12/3 - AM 8.5(?)mi, 59:30, solo, hilly, windy run in SLO.
PM - 4.5(?)mi, no watch, easy with Millsy in Beverly Hills (fancy again!)

Thu 12/4 - 9mi, 63:25, easy solo run in the dark on the bay.

Fri 12/5 - 10mi, 62:20, hard up and over Mt. Soledad, getting a bit run down and caught I cold on my trip...boooo.

Sat 12/6 - 9mi, 64:00, solo on the bay, felt terrible.

Sun 12/7 - ~15mi (same loop as last week), 1:35:22, easy/moderate pace for about 5.5mi then tempo run on the big Fiesta Island loop, ~4.3mi, then easy/moderate for the remainder of the run. The "tempo" was more like a bunch of surges for 4+mi because the wind was just crazy on Fiesta Island. I did the loop in 24:17 which is something in the mid 5:30's but I would say there were points I was under 5:00 and others where I was probably over 6:00 because of the winds. It was a good run though, and I averaged 6:20 or so for the entire run so I'm happy with that.

Summary: 63mi, 7 runs, 6 days. Pretty easy beginning of the week and finished it up with a solid long run on Sunday. I got a little run down on my sales trip early in the week and also caught a cold which made a few days feel hard that weren't. With a full week next week I should be in the high 70's for sure. I will try and put together at least one work out next week and another hard long run. I'd say things are looking decent so far and the plan is getting finalized as to key workout over the next 4-5 weeks before I need to start to rest up for the Half.

No comments: