Friday, May 1, 2009

The Times They Are A Changin...

Well as is usual, I had a good record as far as the blog goes for the past couple of months, but alas I have fallen off. Lots of things going on of note and I will hit on each really fast.

We went back to Boston to visit/watch the Marathon. It was a great time and as usual not long enough. Congrats to all that ran and solid showing by Americans with two podium finishes. I predict an American winner within 5 years.

I have a new job...yay! I am working for Competitor Group as the Running Web Content Editor. What is that you ask? Well in a nutshell I will be the person that making decisions on the content that goes up on the site. I will do all the aggregation of news, compiling of articles done by journalists, writing a few articles of my own, making videos, covering events, and the list goes on and on. I am really excited having now been at work for a week. It is going to be a great project and when we go live in June I will be sure to post a link here so you can make Competitor Running your new home page :).

I have some training I need to post up here as well, but some of it is in my Garmin which I don't have with me at the moment. I will try and get the past 3 weeks up over the weekend.

So going forward I would expect McRunning Through My Life to really just become my training and racing stuff. Not exciting but the fact is if you want to hear anything else I have to say just go to the website I'm working on for work!

Thanks for still actually coming to see how things are going with me and my running, I know I don't do a great job on this thing anymore. I would guess that considering my new job is to post content to websites, this blog will more or less die over time, if it hasn't already. I won't give up yet but, like I said don't expect anything than the mundane training and racing reports.

2 comments:

Erin D. said...

New job - hooray!!! Are you sticking around San Diego then? (I want to make sure I next year's spring break accordingly....)

Kevin Balance said...

Kevin from Stonehill here. Congrats on your new job. I came across your blog and am now checking it every few days. Add me to the list of Chieftains/Skyhawks who have blogs. http://kevinbalance.blogspot.com/ if you have the time to check it out. There are some Boston Marathon pics there. Sorry to have missed you. It's always good to catch up.