Sunday, March 30, 2008

Training Log : March 24-30

Monday 3/24 - off, extremely tired from a long, yet fun, weekend watching NCAA BBall in Tampa

Tuesday 3/25 - 6 mi, 42:00, easy run testing out a sore shin, felt fine

Wednesday 3/26 - 10mi, 72:30, easy run on the bay with Di, shin feels better now

Thursday 3/27 - 8mi, 57:40, solid run around Del Mar with JLew

Friday 3/28 - off, no good reason but to try and not run every day this week so I stay healthy for Boston

Saturday 3/29 - 7mi, 48:03, easy around the bay alone with a good stretch afterward to prepare for my long run/"workout" tomorrow

Sunday 3/30- 18mi, 2:03:20, ran with Di the entire way, we did a 12+ mile push averaging 6:35 which is almost spot on her goal marathon pace, it was windy today so we had a solid effort with a few miles south of 6:30 in to the wind

Total: 5 day, 49 miles. I felt fine with how this week went. Although I am feeling healthy enough to run 7 days I don't think it is the best idea to just start in to my normal routine when I plan on running Boston in 3 weeks. I am still weary about Boston for a few reasons: 1, I would never tell someone to run a marathon off the minute training I have done and feel a little like a hypocrite, 2, I worry I may potentially hurt myself (refer to reason #1), 3, I am a little worried Dianna will have a better day than we are planning for and will drop me, which could definitely happen, 4, finally I would like to repeat I would think someone else training for it like I am is an idiot and therefore think that I, myself, am an idiot. More to come on this as Marathon Monday approaches.

p.s. Anyone that reads Mario's blog will notice this is relatively the same format he uses. Yes I stole it and no I don't feel bad about it. Until I have time to think of my own ways of blogging I will use other people's ideas. I will always cite when I do this. Actually I think this is the first time I have cited something since my senior project. Truthfully I think this is the first time I've used anything I learned in college since I graduated...how sad.

1 comment:

Mario said...

Just wanted to be the first to leave a comment. Welcome aboard, bud!