Sunday, June 8, 2008

Training Summary: June 2 - June 8

I had planned on posting a few blog entries this week but never got around to it. I don't really plan only posting my training every week but that is what seems to be happening. I will be on the road a bunch over the next month so expect more entries as I spend more nights in hotels on the road. So here goes this weeks training:

Monday 6/2 - 8mi, 54:30, solo on the bay. 6X100 strides mid run.

Tuesday 6/3 - 8mi, 55:40, solo on the bay.

Wednesday 6/4 - 10mi, 64:35, solo workout on the bay. Workout: 20min easy, right in to 20min around what felt like Aerobic Threshold, right back in to easy running for final 24:35 of the run. Ditched the Garmin and ran completely on feel, which felt great. Core circuit.

Thursday 6/5 - 10mi, 68:45, around PB and La Jolla with JLew. As usual got in a solid run with JLew that included a different running route which was nice...a little bit of a stomach issue but I survived thanks to lots of construction projects along the way.

Friday 6/6 - 7mi, 50:10, solo on the bay. Needed a very easy day and took it. Felt horrible to say the least, and the fact that it was insanely windy did not help.

Saturday 6/7 - 8mi, 54:10, solo on the bay. Felt much better today and had a decent, yet windy, run. Core circuit.

Sunday 6/8 - 15mi, 1:39:32, solo around the bay and Fiesta Island. Solid long run, but it took a while to get in a normal rhythm. Averaged right at 6:30 pace for the final 10mi with a few under 6:20. I like to slowly pick it up over a long run and it felt really natural.

Totals: 66mi, 7 days. Great week and really on the track I want to stay with. Did more miles than I had planned but that is fine, and I think a comfortable 70mi is only a week or so away. Got in both my core circuits and a good early season workout mid-week. I really don't want to wear my Garmin for my AT work unless it is necessary, which it shouldn't be. It helped to just run on feel and not care how far/fast I went. This is how I ran all my AT type runs in college and the way I will do them from now on. Probably hit around the same mileage this coming week with a hard/hilly run mid week. Things are looking good...

No comments: