Monday, September 8, 2008

Training Summary: September 1 - 7

Monday 9/1 - 10+mi, 69:20, solo on the bay.

Tuesday 9/2 - 10mi, 9 with Di and the last solo.  Did strides but had to stop after 4 because I had some pain in my back.  It felt better over the final 2 miles after the strides but I will watch it tomorrow.

Wednesday 9/3 - 12mi, 6.5 solo and then 5.5 with Wednesday Night Movin Shoes Run.  Fairly easy around 7:15ish pace for most of the run.

Thursday 9/4 - off, ended up really doing tons of stuff all day getting things done so we could leave by noon on Friday to go to Mt. Laguna!

Friday 9/5 - 10mi, easy 8 with Di and the last 2 solo.

Saturday 9/6 - 8mi, 64min @ 6000+feet.  Did a really amazing easy run at Mt. Laguna with Di.  Only my second run ever at altitude.  It was just beautiful scenery and that was part of the reason why we went so slow.  A bit short and slow but worth it!

Sunday 9/7 - 16.2mi, 1:56:55.  Easy long run with Di on the Bay, great run for her!

Summary - 66mi, 6 days, 7 runs.  Not an amazing week following my big week last week but it had a few reasons.  First life got in the way and I ended up having to take a day off.  Secondly we went camping for 2 nights in Mt. Laguna and between our 2 amazing hikes we did I was only able to squeak out an 8miler out there, granted it was at 6000+ feet!  Di and I actually went on 3 hikes this week (one in La Mesa on Labor Day and 2 up at altitude in Mt. Laguna) which was really fun.  Next week will be back around 80mi or so and we have a race as well which should be great.  I will likely still take a scheduled down week the week after which will help with the race the following week.

Finally caught up on blog entries, YES!

No comments: