Monday, September 22, 2008

Training Summary: September 15 - 21

Monday 9/15 - 10+mi, 68:37, easy solo on the bay. 

Tuesday 9/16 - 10.03mi, 65:29, workout up Mt. Soledad, solo.  Solid effort, tough run.

Wednesday 9/17 - 13mi, 7mi solo and then right in to a 6mi at the Movin Shoes Run.  I did my run and met the Movin Shoes group and just continued in to that run.  It was a good way to get in a longer day without doubling.

Thursday 9/18 - 10mi, solo on the bay.  I threw in 10 X 1min on/off.  Good effort during the run with the pushes which are always harder than I remember!

Friday 9/19 - 9mi, 8mi with Di and the last solo, 6X100 strides.

Saturday 9/20 - 12mi total, ~3mi warmup, ~10k race, ~4mi cooldown.  See race recap.

Sunday 9/21 - 17.01mi, 1:57:23, solo through La Jolla to start and then down to the bay.  Started out slow and picked it up later.  Fairly tired from the race.

Summary: ~81 miles, 7 days.  I would say it was a very solid week for me.  I got in 80+ miles again, and this time it was on single runs, except for the race day.  I had a hard long run last Sunday, a solid hard hill run on Tuesday, pickups on Thursday, race Saturday with a less intense long run on Sunday.  So, counting long runs as hard days, I had 5 "hard" days in 8 days, which is great.  This coming week I will probably get in 2 workouts of some sort but I'll likely take a day off or a VERY easy day.  I am scheduled for a low week, I think, so it will work out well.  Things are looking up!

No comments: