Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Olympics Continue...Just Not Live!

I know that I probably should be posting about the Olympics but I have been so consumed by them and losing so much sleep over them that I barely have enough time in the day to work, run, eat and sleep in between all the events.

Here is my one comment...

Living on the West Coast has been a great experience and the weather couldn't be nicer here. The thing that has probably made this experience the worst is the fact that there is a tape delay out here for everything BUT LIVE SPORTS. The one thing we can always count on is the live sports to actually be on TV live. As was the case with the Olympic Trials (again I refer to this post) the West Coast is getting completely screwed with the Olympics. GIVE ME A BREAK! I have had so many people from the East Coast call me or try and tell me something in some way that I am just getting sick of avoiding all outside communication at night. Now correct me if I am wrong, but the sport of Gymnastics is probably one of the most watched sports of all the Olympics. NBC says that they aired the Women's All-Around in "Primetime" so that the most people could watch, but...wait a minute...since when is something starting at 11pm and ending at 1am considered "Primetime"? How about this...if they actually showed the event live on the West Coast it would have been from 8pm-10pm which, as far as I know, IS PRIMETIME! Believe me I could keep naming other events that went on at some obscene hour for the East Coast but would have actually worked out fine on the West Coast...but no NBC is, in my opinion, simply being too lazy to re-work their programing and show the Olympics live for the entire country.

I love the Olympics...I just wish we could watch them like everyone else! I'm just going to move to another country for the next Olympics so I can actually watch everything live...

No comments: