Monday, August 25, 2008

Training Summary: August 18-24

Monday 8/18 - off, first day off in a month or so, very needed!

Tuesday 8/19 - 10+mi, 72:00, hilly run up and over Mt. Soledad with Di. She did a workout and I tagged along to keep her company.

Wednesday 8/20 - 10+mi, did about 5mi or so on my own and then met up with the Movin Shoes run for their 5.5mi run. Right hamstring is a little off from the day before.

Thursday 8/21 - 10+mi, 65:30, solo on the bay. Unintentional progression run. Probably clicked a few miles off around 6min. Right hamstring is a bit off still.

Friday 8/22 - AM 8mi, 59:30, easy with Di. Hamstring a little better not great.
PM 4mi, 28:00, easy solo on the bay. Threw on the XC flats for 6X100 strides on the grass which felt good. I wanted to test out the hamstring and it faired well enough to run the race on Saturday.

Saturday 8/23 - 2.5mi warmup, Wild Duck 5k race, 3.5mi cooldown. See race recap.

Sunday 8/24 - 10+mi, 69:00. Easy solo on the bay in the evening. Felt good post-race. Decided to hold off until Monday for the Long run.

Summary - ~61mi, 6 days, no long run. With a day off and no long run I'd say it was still a solid week. I hadn't taken a day off in about a month so I needed it. Hamstring is just feeling odd and I may get it looked at if it keeps up bothering me this week, although it felt better after the race. The race went fairly well which was good and I know that I will be in some pretty good shape com the end of the year. I was running on tired legs from the 12mi the day before so I'm happy. This coming week is all about catching up on sleep (no more Olympics...), catching up on work, running in the high 70's and racing well again on Saturday at the very challenging Balboa 4mi.

No comments: