Monday, August 11, 2008

Training Summary: August 4th - 10th

Monday 8/4 - 9mi, 62:30 easy solo on the bay.

Tuesday 8/5- 10mi, 1:12:55, ran with Dianna on the bay while she did a fartlek, she had a good workout and it was a good way for me to open my legs up a few times in the run

Wednesday 8/6- 9+, for the second we in a row I did the Movin Shoes run, which is about 5.5mi, and preceded it with 30min on my own which I figure makes it anywhere from 9.5-10mi but an easy day anyway

Thursday 8/7- 10-11(?), 1:20:15, did a crazy hilly run in San Marcos with JLew and G$ (that being Jason Lewis and Garrett Ince) as a bit of a workout, we climbed what had to have been well over 1000ft over the run and descended the same amount, I should have worn my Garmin so we could figure out how long it was but we guessed anything from 10-11mi, my guess more than 10.5mi no more than 11.5mi

Friday 8/8- 9+mi, 68:30, easy with Dianna on the bay

Saturday 8/9- 9mi, 64:01, easy solo on the bay after an early wake up call in Chino and long drive home, very tired...

Sunday 8/10- 15mi, 1:40:23, solo on the bay and Fiesta Island, felt much better than last week but still not a great long run, the sun was KILLER and really baked me out there, it is amazing that it was only 72 degrees out but the sun was so strong I sweat like it was about 90 degrees, I was still able to hold at or just under 6:30 pace after the 4mi mark which is a small win

Summary - ~72mi, 7 days, good week overall, got a little workout in with the hill climbing on Thursday and had a better, although not great, long run on Sunday. Things are looking up heading in to the first race in a couple of weeks. I'm not expecting anything different out of this week except possibly adding a longer day in somewhere so that the mileage lands at or around 75mi for this coming week. Most likely add a mile to the long run and possibly a double but we'll see as the week goes on.

No comments: