Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Training Summary: August 11-17

Monday 8/11 - 9mi, 63:30, easy solo on the bay.

Tuesday 8/12 - 10+mi, with Di on the bay, kept her company on her fartlek.

Wednesday 8/13 - 10+mi, 64:30, same as yesterday but alone and at my own pace. Did 5X "Long Fartlek", as we called it in college. Long fartlek was simply 4min hard / 3min rest. The workout was always a feel based workout for me and I would say I graduated from 10k-ish pace for the first few and ended around 5k-ish pace for the last few. Good workout and went much better than I thought it would.

Thursday 8/14 - 9mi, 62:30, easy, solo on the bay.

Friday 8/15 - 12mi, 1:26:20, easy, first 4 solo and last 8 with Di on the bay. Just wanted to be on my feet for a long time so this worked out very well. Added 8X100 strides with Di. Felt really good.

Saturday 8/16 - 9mi, 66:59, easy, mostly with Di on the bay.

Sunday 8/17 - 16.3mi, 1:55:09, fairly easy on the bay with Garret. Felt perfectly good the entire run, but we did go pretty easy the entire run so I should expect to feel that way.

Totals: ~75mi, 7 days, 7 runs. Felt really good the entire week with a few aches popping up here and there, but that is expected with the addition of miles and workouts. Overall a really good week and we have the first XC race this coming week. Plan on a day off this coming week to keep the body healthy, but will stay pace for a similar mileage (~65 with a day off). Hopefully I'll have a good race report from Saturday and things will be looking good for our team - The Lost Boys (of San Diego).

No comments: