Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Flying Around

Run: 8mi, 55:30. Solo around the bay. Felt terrible, I assume it has something to do with the fact that I flew to and from Phoenix today.

So today was the first time I've ever experienced flying to work and then flying back home all in the same day. It is a very odd thing to do and something that I'm not sure I could get used to.

Lots of people tell me "you job is so great you get to travel around and talk about running all day." I will admit it is, for the most part, very enjoyable getting to talk running, meeting lots of interesting people and getting free trips to amazing events. What isn't enjoyable are the drives home from LA to San Diego that take 6 hours (for reference it is only a 120mi drive), working 70 hours in a week, or getting stuck in a crappy motel in a shady part of town with nothing but Del Taco to eat. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but it is crazy sometimes.

No comments: