Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Billy and The Bitch Graduation



So I have been in Williamsburg for my brothers graduation for the past few days and got home late last night. It was a fun weekend and nice to see family for a little bit. The graduation speaker was Mike Tomlin, coach of the Steelers, which was pretty interesting. According to my brother lots of the "intellectual" W&M grads thought it was terrible but I liked it. I guess they actually thought he wasn't going to use football as a metaphor for life. I don't get what they expected from him...I guess they hoped for a dry, boring lecture by some high powered politician or intellectual, but whatever. I thought he was entertaining and memorable, which is about all you can ask for from a graduation speaker.

It was nice getting to meet some of Ryan's friends from school. The only time I was at W&M before this weekend was when I helped him move in Freshman year. Most of his friends are from Virginia so I never had the chance to meet any of them, so it was nice to be able to do that.

I got in a few runs through Colonial Williamsburg (or "CW" as I found it is referred to). It was pretty cool running there and I wish I had the chance to hit the trails because they were supposed to be nice. Unfortunately I never get used to the jet lag and we were busy each day and all I could muster out of myself was a mindless run down some streets.

Congrats again Ryan!

No comments: