Sunday, May 25, 2008

Training Summary: May 19 - 25

FINALLY a good week! All the goals for the week were met (50+mi, 7 days, core circuit x2). I even got a mini workout in! Going forward I am going to roll the push-up circuit and core circuit into simply "core circuit"... mainly because I don't feel like typing the extra part.

Monday 5/19 - 8mi, 54:35, solo on the bay. Easy run post the crazy weekend.

Tuesday 5/20 - 8mi, 55:15, solo on the bay.

Wednesday 5/21 - 8+mi, 61:00, with JLew around PB. JLew always tries to get me to venture out of my normal running routes so it was nice to just run randomly for once. Core circuit with Di.

Thursday 5/22 - 8mi, 54:25, solo on the bay.

Friday 5/23 - 8mi, 53:50, solo on the bay. 6X100 strides mid-run on grass. Core circuit with Di.

Saturday 5/24 - 10mi, 63:22, solo progression run on the bay. This is my "long run" for the week and my only "workout". Decided to make my long run, as I do often, into a progression run. Averaged just under 6min pace for the last 5mi. Miles were as follows: 6:56, 6:56, 6:39, 6:26, 6:32 (strong wind), 6:21, 6:12, 5:58, 5:49, 5:34. Never felt like I was "pushing" but simply lengthened my stride and picked up my knees a little. It was very comfortable and surprised how easy it felt the entire run.

Sunday 5/25 - 7mi, 50:10, solo on the bay. Super easy/lazy Sunday run.

Totals: 57mi, 7 days. Overall a good first week back to normal training. I was able to get in a double digit progression run and averaged over 8mi a day. The "workout" wasn't anything earth-shattering but it was nice to feel that good on an up-tempo run. The plan is to keep consistent over the next few weeks and work in to the 60's with a progressively longer long run and insert a similar type progression run. After that I will try and set up a schedule as far as racing but I just want to get healthy first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Keep up the great work Sean!! It is always nice to hear when your high school buds are accomplishing great things! Saw that you ran the beantown marathon as well....you're an animal!! Best wishes." ~ Maty K